At Cedarcide, our family-safe outdoor lawn treatments are among our most popular products. Our outdoor concentrate, Outdoor Bug Control, and its ready-to-use counterpart, Yardsafe, both help keep your yard free of troublesome pests without endangering your family, your pets or the environment.
While application is rather straightforward (they’re best applied early morning or late evening, and can be used throughout your entire yard to kill and repel insects) there’s one issue that can complicate the process: Rain. We’re often asked questions like these:
- “It rained after I used Outdoor Bug Control, do I have to apply it again?"
- “It rained yesterday, can I apply Yardsafe today, or should I wait till the soil is dry?”
APPLYING BEFORE RAIN
If the forecast is predicting heavy rainfall in the next 24 to 48 hours, it’s best to wait to apply Outdoor Bug Control or Yardsafe until after the rain has passed and the soil has adequately dried (moist soil is fine, but soil saturated with water is too wet for application). Similarly, if heavy rain occurs less than 24 to 48 hours after you’ve treated your yard, we recommend an additional application. Note: light to medium rains do not necessitate additional applications.
APPLYING AFTER RAIN
Let’s say it just rained, maybe a few hours ago or the day before. If the soil is dry or only slightly wet, you’re fine to apply Outdoor Bug Control or Yardsafe to your lawn. However, if the soil is muddy, saturated with water or otherwise extremely wet, it’s best to wait until the soil has had more time to dry.
ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR APPLYING OUTDOOR BUG CONTROL
Using the included Hose End Sprayer, it takes just 4 oz. of Outdoor Bug Control to treat up to 1/8 acre of outdoor space. Avoid applications during peak sun hours—early morning or late evening is best. Apply monthly or as needed.
- Dilute Outdoor Bug Control with warm/hot water; shake to mix
- For the included Hose End Sprayer: Add 4 oz. of Outdoor Bug Control per 20 gallons of sprayed water (treats up to 1/8 acre of outdoor space).
- For tank sprayers and compression sprayers: Add 2 oz. per gallon of water
- For motorized backpack sprayers: Add .5-1 oz. per gallon of water
- Outdoor Bug Control can be diluted down to 1:1000 for larger, agricultural use
ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR APPLYING YARDSAFE
Simply hook up the Hose End Sprayer directly to the bottle, attach it to the hose, and begin spraying. Avoid applications during peak sun hours—early morning or late evening is best. Apply monthly or more as needed.